I enjoy working with students of all ages and ability levels. I work with students studying RCM exams, preparing for entering a university music program, just starting out on the saxophone, and returning to study music after a successful career in another field. As long as my students are improving, I’m quite happy as a teacher.
Lessons through Zoom
Lessons this summer will be online. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. A computer with a stable internet connection and a camera.
3. Turn on Original sound:
In the application Zoom:
- Click on the drop up menu by the microphone icon, bottom left
- Select “audio settings” on the bottom
- Under “Noise Cancellation,” select “minimum”
- Select “ Show In Meeting Option to Enable Original Sound”
- Back in the main Zoom meeting, click on the icon, top left. It should now read “Turn Off Original Sound”
First day of lessons, July 6th
Last day of lessons: August 26th
Class Final Recital, Monday August 30th, in person or virtual, TBA
I’ll be teaching Tuesday-Thursday afternoon and early evening this summer.
$60 /hour $45 /45 minutes $30 /half hour
Bi Weekly lessons
$80 /hour $60 /45 minutes $40 /half hour
CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC MEMBERSHIP FEE
A mandatory Conservatory membership fee for the academic year ($40 individual, 20 each additional family member) is to be paid directly to the Conservatory. This is payable through the conservatory’s website.
- Studying with Conservatory of Music Instructors
- Discounted parking program for the Alberta College Campus surface lot
- Access to practice rooms at the Alberta College Campus
- Scholarship and bursary opportunities
- Performance opportunities
- Full Payment
All lessons indicated above paid in one sum
2. Monthly payment
Your payment can be split into 2 equal monthly payments, due on the 1st day of July and August.
There is a $3 fee on all transactions.
Withdrawal notice can be given in writing at any time. A tuition refund will be issued less a $20.00 processing fee. Non-attendance does not constitute a withdrawal.
Please let me know if you are unable to make your scheduled lesson time. Make up lessons are not available except in extreme circumstances. The time you’ve booked is the only time I’m able to make available to you. I’d encourage you to think of it as a college class, or a swimming lesson in that sense.
I will on occasion be unavailable for lesson times. If that should occur, I will refund you the amount for that lesson or offer an alternate time, as the situation warrants.
For updates about private lessons, course offerings and concerts, join my mailing list!